Friday, October 28, 2011

Pre Race- 140.6

Wow, my first iron is finally here. It seems hard to believe that tomorrow I will be racing 140.6 miles. When I think about the last 2 1/2 years and blowing out my back to be able to toe the line- wow is all I can say (well maybe not all I can say).

Tomorrow is a race, a journey and for sure an experience that I will never forget. Today has been the usual crazy pre race day: packet pick up, expo shopping and the race briefing. And as usual the USAT officials made me feel like a criminal (I am not gonna draft or block). But the the rest of briefing was pretty cool- the race director is definitely a wise ass and had everyone laughing.

The bike racking process was different than I am used to as well. The race has two transition areas but T2 is site unseen. We dropped off our T2 bags at T1 and will grab them on our way into T2 tomorrow- sound confusing- yeah I am bit confused too. But I figure that once I get to T2 it will make sense- fingers crossed. But I did get my bike racked and covered since we are expecting rain tonight. Tomorrow morning I will get to load the bottles and load my nutrition.

Tomorrow morning will come early and likely will be cold. Wetsuits are mandatory, but the swim is point to point with a fast current. So that's all for now- soon we will head out for dinner and then I will pretend I am sleeping until the alarm goes off at 3 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment