Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 11 and Day 12 of the Spinervals 32 Day Challenge

Day 11 I took the blogging day off, but not training!  The plan for Sunday was do your own thing- keep it easy and definitely not a hard day.  So I decided to go for a Run- a long easy run over some rolling hills.  No music, just the sound of my breathing and the thoughts in my mind.  It was cold- about 20 degrees F, but sunny.  The first few miles were easy- my breathing, legs and mind felt great.  As I progressed on the run, there were a couple of sections on the road with lots of ice and the temp was significantly cooler when in the shade.  My sunglasses kept fogging - yeah the temp changes must have been 10-15 degrees.  But that is what makes winter time running so much fun.  My favorite time of the year to run outside is January and February  so this was a good precursor to the next few months.  This run was also the longest run I completed since Beach2Battleship & I felt really good throughout.  I kept my pace easy- about an 8:30 pace  And I ran in my pair of K-Swiss Blade Light Run's.  My initial feeling on these shoes is great road feel, light and comfortable.  But only suitable for Full Iron distance- they require a bit of work to get them on your feet since the tongue is not sewn into the shoe upper.  I am going to try the K-SWISS Blade light race (they have the velco closure) as well to see if those shoes are better for shorter distance races.

Day 11 Details

Run
Time- 1:21:15
Distance -9.58 Miles
AVG HR- 145
Calories 915

Day 12- Spinverals 33 Pain Cave Is my favorite video so I was very happy to see it on the training schedule.  I however did not get a good night sleep last night so I was dragging a bit when I first got on the trainer.  The good news with Pain Cave is there is a longer easy spin warm-up compared to other videos in the 45-50 minute time line.  So when it was time to do the usual Spinervals warm-up of 3 x 53/15's my legs were pretty close to ready.


The intervals on Pain Cave are hard- this is a threshold plus workout- and not just the sprints.  They get progressively harder, but the rest sessions are long enough to keep from overloading.  The sprints are something else- the 10 seconds where you are standing sprinting flat out seem to be the longest 10 seconds of your life- I think Coach Troy's watch broke!  But when I finished I knew that I had completed a good workout.

Bike
Time- 51:04
Distance- 16.05 miles/ Max Speed During Sprints- 45.3 MPH
AVG HR- 150, MAX 208
Calories 868

Looking forward to getting a good night sleep tonight and a another strong workout tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment