Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 7 of the Spinervals 32 Day challenge

I got a bit of late start this morning- it was my turn to take the kids to school.  So instead of getting up at 4:30, I slept in to 6.  Then I did my dad duties- getting the girls dressed, fed, and ready for school.  After doing that it was time to crank out Spinervals 17- another aero base building day.  The goal of today's workout was again to stay in the blue zone to build aerobic endurance and focus on burning fat- I certainly did that.  And today was a recovery day from yesterday's hard effort. 

This was my first time using Spinervals 17 and I am glad I now have this DVD- long intervals but with a twist.  After each minute you get a 15 second break- just enough to have the HR come down 5-8 beats, but not enough to change your effort level.  This was a definitely a good workout although I had to cut it about 10 minutes short- sometimes work really has a way of getting in the way of things!

I am looking forward to an easy spin and strength training tomorrow.  I am planning on an easy run as well.



Stats for the day:
Time- 1:01:19
Distance- 20.75 miles
AVG HR- 139
Calories 650








No comments:

Post a Comment