Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 30 of the Spinervals 32 Day Challenge

I am on the home stretch- just two more big days to go and this challenge will be history.  But today was not a good day effort wise.  Sometimes you get on the bike (or in the water/ on a run) and just don't have the legs.  Today was that day for me.  After doing the warm-up (nothing beats 3X30 in a 53/15), I realized my legs felt blah.  What is blah you ask?  An inability to get power, HR and cadence up- at all.  So sometimes you have to accept that you can't go hard.  So what I did today was spin easy for about an hour.  My HR was low- about 120, power was low about 115-125, speed was slow- about 16-18 and cadence was low- about 75-80.

But I got off the bike feeling two things- 1) I road through a day I would have rather stayed in bed & 2) I just felt better.  Legs still feel blah, but I know I will be ready for tomorrow and Sunday- 7-8 hrs total on the trainer.

The last 30 days have been a roller coaster for me at work and home. Things are not great and I am working on fixing both.  What has been great is the challenge- day in, day out & working on improving my engine.  I know I am stronger, faster and leaner!  And the best part- Coach Troy is running a second challenge- Super6.  Six weeks of training, 6 Days a week.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment