Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 9 of the Spinervals 32 Day Challenge

So the title is generic- the day was not!  Today was Spinervals 22- timetrialpalozza.  4 Sets of time trial effort starting with 20 minutes and then working down to 5.  Riding at or above LT- yeah this is a good workout.

I had some minor technical difficulties- while riding during the first set, it seemed to get easier to pedal and my cadence went from about 95 to 100+ at about minute ten.  My resistance seemed to get easier.  So I quickly hopped off the trainer and adjusted the tension a bit (I was playing with the tension last night when I fixed the rear tire -had to put a new trainer tire on the rim).  So after a quick adjustment, everything seemed normal on the bike.  I also had some issues with my HR monitor- it was spiking 10-15 beats so I started at about 150 and then all of sudden it jumped up to 220 then back down to 105 and back up to 175 and then down again in the span of 2-3 minutes.  I think I need to get a new HR strap since the one I have (for my Garmin 310xt) is almost 2 years old and gets used just about every day.

Today is one of those workouts that you really want a Power Meter- mine will be here next week (Cycleops PowerTap SL+)  so I can't wait to start training with the most objective of measures- power!  So regardless of my technical issues, today was a solid workout.  Since I have spent a lot of time on my bike with it on the trainer, I am pretty well versed in what my PE, HR, Cadence and Gearing typically correlates to- and I was hammering pretty hard.  The best thing about this workout is my legs feel great- gone is the soreness from earlier this week.  My higher end Bike Fitness is definitely coming back strong.

Here are the details:

Bike

Time- 1:30:27
Distance- 30.54 Miles
AVG HR??? Equip issues
Calories - At least 680 (due to HR monitor issues I am not sure if the calculations are accurate at all)

Tomorrow is another one of my favorites- Spinervals 31- a long day of hard intervals.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment