Monday, December 19, 2011

Spinervals Challenge Update- Sick Days

Sick Days-

I spent a long day in the car last Wednesday and was feeling kinda bad on Thursday morning.  I did the normal set- an ABB, hit the pool for a short swim and then drove into the city.  By the time I got to my office, I felt bad- head was in a vise and I had a low grade fever.  So decided to head home and get some rest.  I spent all of Thursday evening in bed and woke up Friday pretty much feeling the same.  Since everything was above the neck, I decided to do a short spin- 30 minutes or so and then spent the rest of the day on the couch.  Saturday I got up- feeling a bit better, but not ready for Tough Love, so I did a 45 minute spin, building to Threshold over the last 10 minutes.  That really helped.  I got a runners high from the workout and I think that helped to push whatever I had out fast.  Finally on Sunday I did a 2:15 moderate spin at low zone two and about 180watts (yeah I finally have a power meter!). 

Today is a rest day and I am taking it- I slept in until 7 AM and am taking it easy.  I think my body will appreciate the rest.  Tomorrow I am ready to hit it hard!

Hope everyone else is having fun with the challenge.  Being sick sucks, but I definitely feel that the Spinervals 32 day challenge has had some awesome impacts on my fitness and motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment