Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 13 of the Spinervals 32 Day Challenge

Day 13- Another trip into the blue zone.  The workout called for Spinervals 39- which I don't have yet, but one of the options was Spinervals 21 which I just got when I renewed my membership at CoachTroy.com.

If you have not done Spinervals 21 yet- go out and buy it.  It only has 2 sets.  A warmup set (the usual) and then just one more set.  A SIXTY minute steady state effort.  Nice!  It is a nice long ride with Coach Troy having you changing gearing, cadence, hand positions and occasional short standing efforts.  The goal of the rep is to stay aero- aerobic and aerodynamic (I added that part, but 95% of the hour you should be on your aero bars so a great way to practice solid technique and position). 

I liked the workout a lot, although I definitely felt a bit slow- my legs were not as fast as I would like them to be.  I felt like I was on the lower end of the cadence goals, but actually felt a bit stronger during the last 15 minutes (so I know I did not go out too hard).  The other thing I noticed is I really need to get a new HR monitor strap- Several times my HR spiked to 240 in 15 degree increments and then down to 55-60.  My effort was consistent, breathing was fine (not labored) and my focus was on maintaining good form and effort.  So today I will head down to my favorite store in NYC - Paragon Sports and get a new strap for my Garmin. 

Workout Details
Bike
Time- 1:25:23
Distance- 26.59 Miles
AVG HR- Blue Zone
Calories 1425 (approximately)

Tonight I am doing a 30-40 core Workout- planks, crunches, flutter kicks and all of those fun things!

Tomorrow we ride with the Harvest Bread Company- Spinervals 24-Hills.

2 comments:

  1. How are the legs feeling two weeks in and doing some lifting and running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff- sorry for the very late response. Legs were doing great until I got sick. I rested a bit and then pushed through. Today (12/30) my legs were blah and I just did not have it. I road very easy for the day instead and am hoping they feel a lot better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete